A LITTLE BIT ABOUT MY WORKSHOPS
You may find my workshops a little different to others that you have been on in regards to the level of tuition that is offered. While of course we look to visit a number of beautiful locations and chase good light, my focus is heavily weighted towards giving you as much tuition as possible during our time together. This is one of the reasons I keep the numbers very small, as this allows me plenty of 1-2-1 time with each participant.
My goal is to ensure when you leave you are more confident and better prepared to make your own beautiful landscape images going forward. Of course hopefully we also catch some great conditions during our time together so that you can also go home with some beautiful images.
All transport is also included in each of my workshops as I believe is it important to keep our group together as quite often, when in the car, we continue on our discussions or indeed road-side stops can allow for impromptu lessons on composition and light.
INISHOWEN (CO.DONEGAL) 2 DAY WORKSHOP
Cost - £175 per person (£50 non-refundable deposit to secure your place)
- this includes 2 nights accommodation at Sandrock Hostel (Fri/Sat) Should you wish to stay an extra night (Sunday for example) please let me know and we can arrange (13.50 euro per night)
Max Group Size 3 (4 including myself)
A fantastic opportunity to explore many of the wonderful locations that the spectacular Inishowen Peninsula has to offer in a relaxed small group environment. Staying at the Sandrock Hostel, which is located right on Malin Head, will put us within a 10 minute drive of spectacular (and sometimes wild) locations to make best use of morning and evening light. My knowledge of the area will ensure we not only visit the key photographic locations, but do so at the right time to make best use of tides as well as weather conditions.
Depending on the conditions (and time of year) the Northern Lights may also be visible. We may also look to do some night / milky way photography. Again depending on time of year and conditions. This will be discussed prior to your workshop.
Locations expected to visit include Strove Lighthouse, Dunree Head, Kinnagoe Bay, Tremone Bay, Malin Head, Glenevin Waterfall, Doaghmore Beach and Carrickabraghy Castle.
This workshop is aimed at those getting started in Landscape Photography or those looking to improve specific areas and will cover such topics as;
- Location planning
- Working on your composition for stronger images
- Understanding your histogram
- Depth of Field and achieving sharper images
- Use of Filters (both graduated and full)
- Long exposure techniques
- Night / Aurora photography (weather depending)
- Handheld vs. Tripod workflow
- Getting creative with the camera
- Evening photo editing sessions (Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop)
- 2 nights accommodation at Sandrock Hostel (please note Sandrock operates a mixed dorm policy)
- All ground transportation during the trip (around Inishowen area)
- Tea / Coffee / Snacks
- All photo tuition (including plenty of time for one to one)
- Wrap-up guide sent via email with information on the areas that we covered
What's not included;
- Main Meals at Hostel (Sandrock has a fully functional kitchen including Microwave, hob, toaster, fridge etc)
- Meals out
- Drinks purchased during the trip
The following is a typical schedule for workshops run April - September
- Arrive 4pm, settle in, plans for the weekend
- Sunset shoot (Malin Head)
Saturday / Sunday
- Up early for sunrise shoot then back to Hostel for breakfast *
- Depart hostel mid morning for main day shoot returning late afternoon for battery recharge and cook dinner (optional pub dinner, price not included)
- Depart for sunset shoot **
*on the Sunday we will need to check out after breakfast
** on the Sunday we finish our workshop around 6pm (I'll drop you back to your car)
Please note as an optional extra we can start midday on the Friday meaning that on the Saturday we can spend the day over Fanad (Fanad Lighthouse / Murder Hole beach) before returning to Malin Head on the Sunday. The cost of the extra day is £50 per person.
I can also offer more bespoke options if you wanted to add extra days to your trip - please get in touch
Terms and conditions
A deposit of £50 is required at the time of booking. The full balance of the workshop is due no less than 14 less days before the workshop date. Failure to pay the balance may result in your place on the workshop being lost with a loss of your deposit.
A full refund will only be given if cancellation is given in writing (to firstname.lastname@example.org) no less than 10 days before your planned workshop date. At this stage, if available, we can discuss rescheduling your workshop date.
If, for whatever reason, I am unable to attend, a full refund will be given and a follow-up workshop will be planned. The follow-up workshop will come with a 10% discount as a good will gesture.
Please ensure you have appropriate insurance for both yourself and your kit for the activities being undertaken during the workshop. Nigel Cooke Photography accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to photographic equipment during any workshop.
I am unable to accept workshop bookings for persons under the age of 18.
By submitting the booking form, you are agreeing to accept these Terms & Conditions.